Thursday, February 19, 2009

Meeting: Kat Von D and Jeffree Star

My friend Brooke and I arrived at Borders bookstore at the Townsquare shopping center on Las Vegas Blvd around 9:30 a.m. I picked up Kat's book, High Voltage Tattoo and then we walked on over to the line. If we would have got there a little bit earlier, we could have had the chance to be inside the doors. We were outside the door by three people in front of us. Now, being outside is fine with me, but when it's raining and you have to be outside until 2:00 p.m. it's not so fun. Thankfully, there were big umbrellas the store had put out there and we were under it. I was so glad I didn't wear my slippers that have a couple holes on the bottom that day! My feet did still freeze though. I had to go inside twice for a few minutes, haha. Brooke and I made friends with the people behind us in line. One lady who was in line to meet Kat for the second time while her husband was inside the store, another lady and her daughter. They mostly all chatted together, but we came in the conversation at points.
Once the time came closer for Kat and Jeffree to arrive, a couple of Borders' workers came out serving small cups of hot cocoa. Drank that down fast!

Us in line:

In Line

Brooke

Finally the line started moving and we were inside getting closer to meeting them! I had out my polaroid and digital camera ready to get a photo of both of us with them. Once we got to the table, I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of starstruck because it was actually them in real life! Kat and Jeffree both signed my book and gave me a compliment on my Nikon digital camera that was hanging around my neck. As soon as I was ready to ask if we could get a photo with them, the security made us move on. Brooke and I were furious and were not about to just move on out of the store. So we said bye to them and walked on the other side of the line separater dividing the people in line to still get their book signed from some people who have already got theirs signed/people just taking photos of them.
We both stayed on that side of the line and took many photos of them at the table. You could hear a lot of snapping anytime a fan walked away from being in front of them at the table.

Some of my favorite snaps I got of Kat and Jeffree at the table:

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star

Jeffree Star

Kat Von D

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star

We then moved behind CD rack that was behind there table and I took a few shots from back there.

An excited and wet fan from the rain.
Jeffree Star and Kat Von D

Models that were at the book signing to promote Kat Von D's Sephora make up line.
The Models

The Models

I also had to shoot a Polaroid from the front and back. Here's a digital photo of me before I shot the polaroid. (thanks Brooke)

Polaroid Paparazzo

Kat Von D and Jeffree Star
(click here to see larger)

Now, for my favorite shot of the whole day...

It was the end of the signing and Kat began walking out the side door of Borders to the cars outside.
Brooke and I were still in the store the whole time after we got our things signed, so as I saw Kat begin to walk out, I kinda raced to the door to get in this polaroid shot that I really, really wanted to get. She was walking pretty fast and thankfully there weren't many people following. So I get in front of her and I just said "Fuck it, let's see what happens.." to myself and hoped as I shot this polaroid while she was walking that I wouldn't cut her head out of something!

I expected it to be a little blurry and her maybe looking the other way or something. But HOLY SHIT, when the polaroid finished developing and I saw that it wasn't blurry and that Kat even looked at the camera as I took it just blew my mind!! Haha.

I really can't tell you how happy I am that I got this shot. Directly after I shot it, she heard the noise of the camera and said "Polaroids rule!" and I yelled "Love you, Kat!"

Kat Von D
(click here to see larger)

Polaroid ♥ forever!

At this point, Kat and Jeffree were outside of the store so I grabbed my digital camera and took some pretty shots of them walking to the cars on the wet street. I love gloomy days.

Leaving - Kat & Jeffree

Leaving - Kat & Jeffree

Leaving - Kat & Jeffree

Goodbye Hug - Jeffree & Kat
This was my favorite digital shot of the day. So glad I captured that moment. :)

Leaving - Jeffree Star

Done! So that was myself and Brooke's expierence. Definitely worth it. Had a wonderful time and now I have the memories for it.

_______________________________________________

We left Borders and got on the Deuce and got off at Planet Hollywood. Ate some soft pretzels then went to Urban Outfitters and tried on silly glasses/sunglasses.

Nerd

Pinky

Omg!
What a qt!

Wood Shop

Nerdy

We got tired out and caught the buses home. <3 Us on one of the buses. Check out the lady inbetween our heads. She was chomping on some food! Ha.

Brookelle & I

Saturday February 7, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment